Bean + Chorizo Burritos 🌯 🏕️
These burritos are easy to make and create an easy grab-n-go food for the busy summer months. Always a must-have on our camping trips, these bean burritos create a great base to add whatever you want and make them your own.
Pre-made burritos can easily be wrapped in foil and froze to last a few months in the freezer. A quick heat on a camp fire, or in a microwave makes these a quick easy eat.
Note: If you chose to buy already made refried beans instead of whole pinto beans that you blend with some of their juices, the beans will come out a little thicker. Raw tortillas that you can buy in the grocery store and Sun Vista Beans make all the difference so try to use them, when possible.
- 2 tbl Fat (Avocado Oil, Vegetable Oil, or Lard)
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Thai Chili
- 1 9oz Cacique pork chorizo
- 1 can 29oz Sun Vista Pinto Beans
- Raw tortillas
- Add oil, garlic clove, and Thai chili to pan and sauté to flavor oil. Remove garlic clove, and chili.
- Add chorizo and fry to slightly crispy
- Blend pinto beans until smooth in food processor and add to pan.
- Fry beans until incorporated with chorizo. (15 minutes)
- Heat up tortillas per instructions and fill with beans, cheese, and chilis (optional). Enjoy!